The Things We Do: 28 Days Until #VlogLikeaBoss
One thing I rely on heavily in my life is routine. Without the things that I repeat every day that contribute to stability and success, I don’t think I would be so far along. Don’t get me wrong. I love that every day in my life and business can be very different, but there’s a balance. And the select things I repeat every day make me feel in the zone and focused on executing whatever comes my way.
This very everyday episode is an ode to that routine and how grateful I am for it. You need to be strong to stick with doing the things you don’t love, but will take you further in life. That’s why I felt it was important to share it with you during one of the craziest months of my life: the book launch.
Cajun Red Beans and Rice
Cajun Red Beans and Rice is one of my favorite things to make for dinner when it’s cold outside. I use turkey sausage to keep it on the healthy side.
For those of you who wanted the recipe, here ya go!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 cups cooked red beans or 2 (15-ounce) cans red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked long grain white rice
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage, garlic, pepper, onion, and celery. Break sausage into bite-sized pieces while it’s cooking. Stir until sausage is cooked all the way through and vegetables are tender.
- Add the seasoning, beans, water, and tomatoes. Mix well with the sausage. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Every episode of this series, I will be giving away 3 books to someone who views my videos in the first hour they are release. This is why I’ve been telling you for the last month or so to subscribe on YouTube and make sure you have notifications on. In order to win you need to:
- Watch in the first hour
- Comment on the YouTube video
The winners will be displayed in the next day’s video and instructions to redeem are in the YouTube description of each episode in the series.